Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 24- A letter to your parents (Amazon.com)

I don't think I'm going to write a letter to my parents.  The thought makes me sad.  Losing my Mom a few years ago is still very hard and I would probably sit here and cry the entire time.  I miss her everyday!

So instead I'm going to write about my addiction to Amazon.com.  I had used it a few times before having Benjamin but then my neighbors told me about Amazon Mom (part of Amazon's subscribe and save program).  Amazon Mom members receive benefits such as 30% off diapers and wipes, exclusive offers, and FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime.   This makes a box of Pampers diapers, count 192, $31.49. 

Retail price $52.66
Amazon price $44.99
15% off subscribe and save and 15% off Amazon mom $31.49

No shipping charge with Amazon prime and no sales tax.  You schedule how often you want them delivered, every month, every 2 months, every 3 months or every 6 months.  Diapers and wipes come straight to our door...what could be better!  The UPS truck pulls into our cul-de sac so often Benjamin knows the sound of the truck.

I am currently also tracking how often I buy Tide, Downey, toilet paper and papertowels to see if there is a signifiant costs savings with those items as well.  These items would only have the 15% off subscribe and save program but from my current research it looks like it is more than I could ever save using a coupon.

My buying does not stop there (although Jamie wishes it would:)  It ranges from my shampoo to baby powder to baby gates (which I saved $70 on two) to a rug pad and my iHome Kitchen Speaker system for our iPhones and iPads. (this is just in the last 30 days and I'm not listing everything)

Amazon also has a Wish List that you can sign up for.  If I see something that I would like for myself or Benjamin I just add it to the wish list.  Anyone can go out and look to see what we might would like for Birthday's and Christmas.  Yesterday, I found the Wish List add-on.  It puts an icon in your address bar.  You can add anything from any website to your Amazon Wish List.  I've already found this to be exciting and dangerous.  Everything added yesterday was from Williams Sonoma.  Of course some of these things are things I would 'like' to have but you never know when someone might want to buy you something. ;)

Another addition to my Wish List is what I would like Jamie to buy me for Christmas...

EMU Australlia Women's Alba Sheepskin Boot with Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment