Thursday, September 1, 2011

The importance of date night, friends and good concert seats



Last Thursday Jamie and I went with our friends Marla, Nichole, Chris, Lisa and Terry to the Sheryl Crow/Kid Rock concert.  I can say this is one of the best concerts I have been to in a while! 

To begin with I had the day off to spend with Benjamin.  We went to a really neat indoor playground called Playnation in Morrisville with our friends who live in our cul-de sac.  $5 all day, you can come and go.  They sell swing sets and have them set up as a showroom but children are allowed to play.  They also do party's on the weekends. 
http://www.playnationparties.com/ 
Grandee came over in the afternoon to watch Ben and the adults were off.  We tailgated before the concert then headed in before the concert started...didn't want to miss Sheryl Crow. 

Let me just say that Jamie works off-duty at Walnut Creek on occasion.  This allowed us to have a few connections.  We had to wait till 2 days before the concert to get tickets (not really sure why).  But ended up with 6th row center seats, VIP parking and VIP lounge tickets.  Disclaimer:  we paid full price for tickets...VIP was a bonus.

I believe date night allows Mom and Dad to reconnect and have fun.  Making us want to be around our children more and be better parents.  Everyone needs a break.  Doing this with friends helps you stay connected.  When you have children you just don't have the time you used to and can't just drop everything and go.  Life involves more planning with children (good thing I'm a planner :)
Jamie and I
The Girls - Lisa, Nichole, Marla and I

Good concert seats speak for themselves!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! I just came across your cute blog through the hop, and gladly added myself to your followers! Stop by and say hello maybe?! I also have a huge sponsor giveaway going on that you may be interested in, I’ll just put the link below!

    Hope to see you there lovely!
    xoxo

    Urban Outfitters Giveaway

    ReplyDelete